An Albany-area recruiter forwarded me this requirement today:
I’m looking for a NOC manager – and thought I’d see if know anyone.
Here’s what I need. Salary 85-110K – depending on experience.
The successful candidate will have experience developing, managing and growing a Network-based operating centers. Further, the candidate will must have a strong track record of success in working with senior level decision makers and customers.
Responsibilities will include:
* Oversee, manage, organize, plan, and direct the activities of the Network Operations Center (NOC);
* Manage a call center operation for residential customers;
* Ensure that the highest reliability and accessibility of the infrastructure;
* Install and utilize management tools and processes to improve the NOC services including online monitoring tools;
* Manage the technical team that supports the NOC in the Network, Windows and Linux areas;
* Establish procedures to respond and eliminate service interruptions, faults and alarms according to industry stand SLA’s;
* Provide real time and near real time responses to end users, technical support groups and NOC Management;
* Perform analysis, notification, and trending of faults;
* Perform pro-active network element status and health checks as part of normal surveillance activities;
* Work closely with internal groups to assure continued quality of service for customers;
* Provide day-to-day operational support of a production environment;
* Follow change management and configuration management standards and guidelines; Implement system patches;
* Schedule and monitor hardware maintenance, and upgrades;
* Troubleshoot issues through to resolution, user administration, hardware configuration, system performance tuning, disk management, and custom package creation;
* Coordinates service restoration efforts with service providers, vendors and support areas;
* Initiates, updates, track and closes network trouble tickets; create and sends network alerts and flashes;
* Provide day-to-day operational support of a production LAN/WAN, Voice over IP network, Network etc;
* Tests, turns-up (on occasion), and troubleshoots various types of serial and Ethernet circuits.
* Demonstrated ability to manage a commercial Network Operating Center;
* Experience supervising a technical organization in a large enterprise environment;
* Strong customer service orientation;
* Strong project management and organizational skills;
* Possess solid oral and written communication skills;
* Demonstrate interpersonal/consultative skills;
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment;
* Posses a broad level of technical knowledge and business acumen across IT infrastructure/telephony technologies;
* Experience in integrating new processes and procedures into existing customer NOC;
* Knowledge of current telecommunications technology, industry practices ensuring the highest degree of client/partner satisfaction;
* Understanding of information technology (IT) infrastructure operations and use of diagnostic tools (i.e., Sniffer, Alarm and Incident Managers, etc.);
* Knowledge of LAN and WAN hardware and related software/protocols (e.g., Ethernet, ATM, Token Ring, FDDI/CDDI, ISDN); ITIL, Remedy/Netcool
Background and Experience
Five years of progressive management NOC and call center experience.
Experience working with automated project management tools such as MS Project.
Ability to meet deadlines.
Experience managing Tier I, II and Level II technicians